Friday, November 15, 2013

Nothing is Still Something

        No matter where you are in life, the moment you choose to begin a new experience, you're change your life forever even if, yes, you do nothing. Deciding you will start running every morning or five times a week? Congrats! You have altered your mindset forever. Decided to travel the world? Great! You have altered your mindset forever. Have you elected a new friendship? Fantastic! You have altered your mindset forever. How you have chosen to alter yourself, however, is up to you. You have two options: The first is to fully pursue this new endeavor. Consequently, you may meet new people, experience new sights, and gain life experience points. The second is to do nothing, which may result in "would-a, should-a, could-a" mentality or a self-esteem lowering. Regardless of what you choose, your decision, period, will change you. 
        Modeling is my thing. Networking makes me happy. Using my body to create pictures that are worthy of hanging in a gallery or a wall at home makes me happy. Being true to myself makes me happy. I was tossing around the idea about starting my journey as a model for about a week. "To hell with it!" I told myself. "I would rather try it, than never know and wonder." I did it. I continue to do it, and it has been one of the most rewarding things I have chosen to do.
        I had the opportunity to do a semester abroad in Spain. I wanted to go. I decided to go. The idea of borrowing someone else's money, however, to support my adventure was dishonorable. I had the support, both monetarily and emotionally, but asking for help in funds made me uncomfortable. Truth be told, it still does. I had the option to work my butt off and obtain at least a good portion of that money myself - if not all. But, I opted not to. I ended up talking myself down and thinking I couldn't do it, despite how much I wanted to. There's more history to that story, but the point remains: My decision to do go on this trip changed me as it was one more Domino that fell and shriveled in it's lifelessnes. I was acting out a helpless story, which was how I felt, in many ways, at the time. This decision fed that story and fire.
        If you decide to do something, I want to encourage you to follow through and do it with a realistic mindset. There is nothing wrong with putting a pause on a plan to re-evaluate what you believe you will be doing and how you will be doing it. As you go through the decision making process, be aware as to why you're doing what you're doing as well. Having ill intentions for yourself or others may not hurt you now, but what come's around goes around. Be selfish and make a decision for yourself. Plan. Work for it. Read motivational blogs or books. Immerse yourself. Just do it. (Insert Nike Logo Here)

With <3,
Aina

        
            Photographer: MSlygh

No comments:

Post a Comment